Our Detox Program vs. Juice Cleanses
Many people are under the misconception that you have to starve yourself or follow a liquid only diet in order to feel great. That absolutely is not the case. When we developed our Detox Program in 2012, we offered the only program we could find that, in addition to juice, also built in blended smoothies and actual solid food that you chew. Our chef/developer studied and received certifications in nutrition and understood that while juice-only programs certainly can be of benefit and were all the buzz, they are not necessarily the best option for everyone. She also understood that in order to truly change your behaviors you need to eat foods and come face to face with the process of eating, giving food your attention and presence. You don't need to deprive yourself in order to feel great. Not only are the food and drinks in our program enjoyable - but are retraining your taste buds to get enjoyment from simple natural flavors. Use this 3-Days to begin the process of undo-ing the over stimulation of your taste buds from oily, salty, sugary, highly addictive processed foods.
About our Detox
Benefits compared to juice only cleanse
- Contains 1 juice, 1 smoothie & 1 raw vegan meal daily
- Contains approximately 1,200 calories per day
- Includes a consultation so you can feel confident and have all your questions answered.
Benefits compared to juice only cleanse
- FIBER!!! The meals and smoothies contain fiber, which is not removed from juice. Fiber helps you feel satiated and is very important to help send signals from your stomach to your brain indicating you've eaten enough volume. Juice only programs do not contain fiber, often leaving you feeling very hungry.
- By including meals and smoothies you are getting a better balance of the macronutrients (fat, protein and carbohydrates), as well as micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, phytochemical). Juice only programs tend to lack protein and fat, which isn't sustainable for long term. Our program supplies fat content in meals and smoothies from nuts and seeds, which increases the absorption of carotenoids and other fat soluble nutrients.
- When finished with our detox, there is no special need to take care to re- introduce foods because you've been eating and flexing your digestion muscle the whole time! With juice only programs you are not using all of the digestive enzymes and tools, so you have to reintroduce solid food carefully. This is one of our most common questions about our program. Our advice is when finishing our detox, try to continue a variation of the program that you can do on your own.
- It is safe to continue our program for as long as you like. Contrary to juice only programs, our detox method of organizing your meals/smoothies/juices is safe to continue for years or a lifetime. You are eating a variety of healthful food -- You can make up your own version of healthy daily meals or use our program here and there. If you want to juice only for an extended period of time you should consult with your physician.
- Flexibility is provided for those requiring additional calories (explained at consultation). No two people are the same, we all have unique needs, and when we sit down at your first pick-up we communicate how you can customize this to meet your needs.
- You may enjoy our program so much that you don't want to go back to making your own meals again! We have clients that have make this a monthly or quarterly regimen.
- The high amount of fiber and raw plant food may be new for some people, resulting in indigestion or gas. Taking a probiotic supplement can help prevent or ease symptoms.
- If you have any medical conditions or are on medications always consult with a doctor before changing your diet.
- Remember that like any addiction, the process of detoxification can often be accompanied by discomfort. Giving up process foods isn't always comfortable, but it pays off in the long run and once you are on the other side - never look back!